Many people think buying art is beyond their reach, but Internet shopping has opened up the art world to a whole new market of buyers, where almost anyone can now afford to acquire a piece of original art.
You can make your art investment by purchasing paintings direct from artists online. This is a great opportunity to buy original art at studio prices and start your own art collection. By buying art directly from artists online, you will not only add unique imagery to your home, but also support artists in their career and enabling them to create more art.
Hopefully you will soon enjoy all the benefits of owning a beautiful piece of original art.
1. As self represented online artists can decide their own prices without paying a gallery commission, prices tend to be lower and are often more flexible. Some galleries charge up to 50% on top of the artist selling price so there are plenty of savings to be made
2. Collectors and buyers can build up a relationship with the artist. Many artists will also have social media accounts and blogs that people can interact with
3. Clients will often receive one-to-one consultations and a more personal service from artists than if they buy from a large gallery or other third party
4. Customers can contact the artist directly with any queries they might have which is adding a more personable touch to the purchasing process. Most artists will be happy to answer questions and assist with any additional issues.
5. Many artists like to keep in touch via a newsletter or mail outs, so people on their mailing list are often the first to hear about events or new work. You can sign up to my mailing list here
6. Art collectors buying directly from artists will often get to know them better and therefore get a sense of their artistic philosophy, where they’re coming from and the significance of individual paintings or series of work.
7. Artists will usually deliver the painting, and many offer free shipping and a flexible return policy